Logo KBK 2013

Logo KBK 2013

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Heart All Soft at the YFC ILC '10

(hetan husi www.cfcinternationalmissions.com)

This YFC – International Leaders' Conference was indeed a very special one for me because I was able to feel that my heart was indeed willing to surrender God. All this time, I have always doubted and complained to God. 

Move my heart

I could also say that I decided to become full-time because I wanted to see what God's miracle would be for me. During the time that I complained and argued with God was also the time that I really wanted to surrender myself to God. I would always pray, “Lord, if this is indeed Your will, move my heart, make me understand Your will in my life and also strengthen me to surrender myself to You.”

During this year's YFC ILC, I could really feel that God wanted to throw a big party for His prodigal daughter in front of more than 10,000 people. God proved to me that even if only one is lost among thousands, He will look for the missing one until He finds it.
Love the youth

God seemed to be telling me, “Quina, I want you to love the youth. Don't doubt the path that I have chosen for you, because it is also for this reason that I wanted you to be born into this world.”
This was the time that I felt my heart go all soft and really give in to God. I have been serving for 5 years now but this was the first time I cried until I couldn't catch my breath. I felt that God really used the speakers for talks 2 and 3 to really move my heart. I really repented because all this time, I have never lived a full life in Christ.
Healed doubts

My studies and my family have always made me doubt God's will for my life. I am scared that this path I am now choosing will separate me from my family. All this time, I have been moving forward in doubt, I have been serving in doubt, I have been making decisions in doubt. Now, God has softened and healed my heart of all my doubting.

Now, I choose to live a full life in Christ, on this special path that God has shown me. I feel that God is so much bigger than my doubts. God is so much bigger than my problems and God's desire for me is so much more beautiful than my own desires and better than my life.

By Quina da Costa Sarmento Barreto, Timor Leste
 

1 comment:

  1. Go Quina!
    It is amazing experience. Whatever you have said in this simple article is incredible. I wish you together with other YFC's leaders could bring our fellow timorese to the path you are in.

    ReplyDelete